Fw: MAMA AFRICA for East African Famine Relief on Friday 11/11/11 @ The Tabernacle, London W11

  • debbie golt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2011

    FRIDAY 11/11/11  - 11th November 2011 - as the ones coincide WOM@ TT in association with COLOURFUL and CARNIVAL VILLAGE invites you to COME ONE COME ALL and celebrate MAMA AFRICA  - in honour of Professor Wanguri Maathai the Nobel Prizewinner and Greenbelt Movement Founder, to raise awareness of East African Famine with a brilliant all-female line-up : Helen McDonald, OneNess Sankara, Jane Doka, Namvula Rennie, Phoenix Martins with DJ Nimz - from spoken word to Zimbabwean Gospel. The event is hosted by award winning presenter ROSEMARY LARYEA of Colourful (colourfulradio.com)

    ARTISTS FOR EAST AFRICAN FAMINE RELIEF Part 2 in aid of UNICEF (www.unicef.org.uk)- Protecting the Children - takes place @ THE TABERNACLE, Powis Square, London W11 2AY Showtime is 8-10.30pm    Doors 7pm
    It's only £5 adv/concs or £7 Door

    Tickets are available from the venue websites carnivalvillage.org.uk and tabernaclew11.com and from wegottickets.com/event/120427

    This event in aid of UNICEF - and is  Part 2 of the Artists for East African Relief (Part 1 was a brilliant event back in August) because even though it may not still be headline news not a lot has changed and we can still do our bit - spread the word - lest we forget!

    BUSES: 7, 15, 23, 28, 31, 52, 295 & others.
    Tube: Westbourne Park, Ladbroke Grove (Hammersmith & City + Circle Lines)