Join Our Student Performance Group! SE London, Starts Sunday 29th May

  • londonsalsascene
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2011
      Do You Want to Perform?

      We want YOU to join our new group as we get ready for our next performance! Our group is open to everybody, from improvers upwards!!

      Who Can Join the Group: YOU!!! All 1st time performers. This will be a friendly group, so a great way to make new friends, take your dancing to the next level, have a lot of fun and share the pleasure of dancing.

      Choreography: Suitable for first-time performers from improver level upwards.

      The Show: for a local school fete on Sunday 2nd July. We want to show the kids how much fun salsa is and inspire the next generation of dancers.

      Your instructors: Lee Knights has taught/performed salsa for Sadlers Wells, the Greenwich Dance Agency, BBC4, Canary Wharf Arts and Dance Festival and more. She is the co-author of Find the Rhythm! The Dancer's Guide to Feeling Salsa Music, with Alex Wilson – http://www.findtherhythm.com
      Deborah Genet is a very experienced dancer, salsa instructor and performer. She teaches at the Royston Ballroom, Royston Road, London SE20 8HF on Mondays.

      How it's going to work: We need 4 guys and 4 girls for the performance. Or, if you just want to come along and learn the routine for fun, you can do that too. This is about having fun and enjoying ourselves! Sign up for 1 session to check it out!

      Rehearsal Dates: Our 1st practice session is on Sunday 29th May at 5.00pm, then Sunday 5th June, Sunday 19th and Sunday 26th.

      The venue: the Royston Ballroom, Penge, SE20 – the back of beyond, but great train/bus/tram links! There will be top up extra top-up practice sessions at 7.00 on Mondays at the Royston just before the club night, TBA. Nearest station: Kent House on the Victoria line, 5minutes walk from there. Loads of buses and trams. Other train routes available, just ask.

      Cost: Only £40.00 for the whole performance course, payable in advance, cheques payable to Lee Knights, London Salsa Scene, 23 Padua Road, Penge, London SE20 8HF or Debbie with cheque/cash at the club.

      Book/More call: Lee: 07979 280283; Debbie: 078145 79562; email: lee@...