City Showcase Roots & Flutes - opportunity

  • debbie golt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2011

      City Showcase: Roots & Flutes 21st May 2011 MILE END PARK, London E14: fantastic new competition for all artists to explore the roots of modern-music & celebrate traditional+classical-music from all cultures.

      We’re looking for talented musicians of any age, solo/bands/orchestras; from steelbands/reggae/Rai, from classical-ensembles, gospelchoirs, from African to Latin-American and all  across Asia and Europe including modern-fusion-roots. We want to encourage those working in traditional or classical-fields or fusing the old’n’new. (Not pop!)

      All applicants will be entered into a public-vote to select 10 to perform on 21 May in front of an expert/celebrity panel at an entirely FREE event in Mile End Park. The overall-winner will receive mentoring + performance-slots in the Olympic-year, 2012.  Applications FREE

      City Showcase has a proven track-record of showcasing and helping young musicians from all genres.

      EMAIL:  talent@...  : your contact-details, links to your biog, pic ,music.  Closing-date : 15/04/2011

      In association with Outerglobe/WOM@TT