Prescott Observatory (684) changes hands

  • Paul G. Comba
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2010
      Some of the oldtimers on this list may remember that I was an active
      contributor in the period 1999-2001. In fact in the years 1995-2001
      I was doing minor planet astrometry almost full time. The results were
      more than 14,600 astrometric positions submitted to the MPC, and 606
      discoveries (so far--a few more keep dribbling in with most DISCSTATUS
      reports and the number may ultimately reach the high 600s, by which
      time I expect I will have left this planet).

      A few months ago I sold my home on a mountain ridge next to the National
      Forest just south of Prescott, and the observatory that goes with it.
      The new owner, Matt Francis, is very enthusiastic and has ambitious
      plans to install a 24-inch scope under the dome and a solar scope under
      the roll-off roof, and to automate everything. He also intends to make the
      observatory an educational resource for the schools in this area.
      So I feel that Prescott Observatory (684) is in good hands.

      Paul Comba