2010 TD54 animations

  • Patrick Wiggins
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010
      A couple of "movies" put together from images I shot during this morning's approach of minor planet 2010 TD54. Paramount ME, Celestron C-14 operating at f/5.5, SBIG ST-10 binned 3x3 with clear filter. Field of view is about 18x26 arc minutes.

      The target was rotating quickly during both sequences which is "reflected" (pun intended) by its rapidly changing brightness.

      Mount set to allow the target to pass through the field of view. 16 five second exposures shot between 08:51:51 and 08:54:04 UTC.
      http://users.wirelessbeehive.com/~paw/temp/2010td54-01.gif

      Mount set to nearly follow the target. 23 five second exposures shot between 09:01:27 and 09:04:39 UTC.
      http://users.wirelessbeehive.com/~paw/temp/2010td54-02.gif

      Many thanks to BAA's Richard Miles for posting about this event. I did not know it was happening until I saw his post.

      patrick
      718
    • Varyonyx
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010
        Hello Patrick,

        Incredible motion sequence of 2010 TD54, thanks for sharing !

        Best regards Alex (VectorSCOPE)