Radar detection of 2010 AL30

  • Lance Benner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2010
      All,

      We have detected STRONG radar echoes from 2010 AL30 at
      Goldstone. The bandwidth is consistent with the object's
      expected size and the ~9 minute rotation period found
      by Bill Ryan and Richard Miles. We hope to obtain
      a precise size estimate soon.

      The Doppler correction came in at about the 1-sigma
      level relative to our a priori estimate.

      We're updating the ephemeris now.

      Thank you again for all your help!

      Regards,

      Lance