2008 TC3 to Almahatta Sitta and back to Tucson

  • Richard Kowalski
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2009
      Hello all,

      just a brief note to let you know that I have received my own piece of 2008 TC3
      thanks to a number of people from all around the world.
      I'd like to publicly thank all of you who donated money on my behalf and
      especially Herbert Raab for making this come true. I am honored and humbled by
      your generosity!

      I have uploaded a photo to two locations, of me holding the fully crusted, 2.1
      gram individual in front of the Catalina Sky Survey's 1.5-m (60") telescope,
      where 2008 TC3 was discovered last October.

      Subscribers to MPML can view the image in the photo section for the list under
      the Catalina Sky Survey album and it can also be viewed via this direct link.

      http://fullmoonphotography.net/images/Meteorites/RAKowalski_G96_2008TC3-a.jpg

      Thank you all.

      --
      Richard Kowalski
      Catalina Sky Survey
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2009
        Yahoo! It's official! Richard Kowalski is the first person in history to
        possess a piece of an object that he discovered in space.