Web cast of comet Lulin - after session

  • ido12342001
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2009
      Hello,

      We made a web cast of Lulin last week.
      The special web cast of comet Lulin from Israel, was a great success.

      Overall we had more than 38,000 entries during the web cast night from all over the world.
      We got several enthusiastic replies from global educators, who indicated that the Lulin web cast was viewed & projected in schools at their countries.

      We took almost 600 images of the comet, in a time frame of about 8 hours.
      All was done automaticaly, using a special system developed for this sevent, using our Internet telescope.

      During that time we catch at least 1 major outburst, located at the lower right side of the comet (see second #30 at the movie below).

      You can see the archive movie and images from the session in the following link :
      http://www.bareket-astro.com/live/comet/lulin2009.html

      Feel free to use it if you wish.

      We would be happy to supply the original (callibrated) FIT files if one would like to make a light curve of the comet.

      Best regards,
      Ido.

      --
      http://www.bareket-astro.com