MPCORBcr, Epoch 27-10-2007

  • Pier Luigi Turrini
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hi
      does anyone can indicate me where I can keep the latest MPCORB with
      epoch 27-10-2007?

      If someone would purchase to me, please tell me before, in order to
      avoid me to receive that big file may time.

      Yes, maybe a little bit OT, please mind me...

      Pier Luigi Turrini
    • Bill J Gray
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2008
        Hi Pier,

        Just to make sure I'm understanding you: the current MPCORB files
        have epoch 2008 May 14, and you'd prefer files with the previous
        epoch of 2007 Oct 27? This little program may be useful to you:

        http://home.gwi.net/~pluto/integrat.htm

        If you've downloaded 'mpcorb.dat' and want the orbits integrated
        back to 2007 October 27, making a new file 'mpcorb2.dat', you
        would run:

        integrat mpcorb.dat mpcorb2.dat 20071027

        Run that way, it shouldn't take more than about fifteen minutes
        (depending on your computer's speed). Of course, integrate the
        orbits back to 1600, and you will need to be very patient.

        Details (including source code) at the above link.

        -- Bill