Re: {MPML} More on residuals

  • Gordon Garradd
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Patrick Wiggins wrote:
      > BTW, I'm running an ST-237 unbinned on a C-14 operating at f/3.0 = 1.44
      > arcsec/pixel and a FOV of about 11.5' x 15'.

      more importantly, what astrometric catalogue are you using?

      cheers, Gordon
      user of UCAC2, the one true catalogue ;)
    • Gordon Garradd
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        Since you are using the proper catalogue, and assuming decent
        astrometric software and reasonable seeing, about all you can do is
        improve the S/N ratio on your targets by one of: longer
        exposures/tracking on asteroid/shift and stack.

        cheers, Gordon