19th Annual IAPPP "Big Bear" Photometry and CCD Imaging

  • RA Kowalski
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26 6:42 PM
      I am posting this for Gene Lucas as he has had some small trouble with egroups.
      (Which we are correcting)

      --
      Richard Kowalski

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      MPML folks and astronomical friends are cordially invited to register and
      attend the 19th Annual IAPPP "Big Bear" Photometry and CCD Imaging
      Symposium, to be held Wednesday and Thursday May 24 and 25th, at the
      Northwoods Resort in Big Bear Lake, California. This 19th annual meeting
      hosted by the International Amateur-Professional Photoelectric Photometry
      Western Wing is conveniently scheduled just prior to (and located near) the
      Riverside Telescope Makers Conference (RTMC). While the Big Bear conference
      is not focused specifically on asteroids, there will be some coverage of
      asteroid photometry and related topics. If you are just getting started in
      photometry and CCD imaging, this is the conference to spend some "quality
      time" with the experts and get all your questions answered.
      The opening session on Wednesday afternoon will comprise a workshop on
      photometry, hosted by Dr. Scott Teare of the U. of Illinois/Mt. Wilson
      Observatory and featuring a number of experts covering all aspects of
      photometry. Wednesday evening will be devoted to nighttime demos of the
      latest software and hardware "under the stars", and also the usual
      socializing (open bar.) Thursday will be devoted to talks on the latest
      topics in photometry and imaging. Speakers this year will include:
      Richard Berry (PhotoMet software)
      Tom Bisque (Software Bisque)
      Wayne Brown (Apogee Instruments - Tucson, AZ)
      Lew Cook (Photometry of XTE J118+480 -- an X-Ray star)
      Gary Frey (North Pines Observatory, Mayer AZ.) - Asteroid Photometry (using
      PhotoMet)
      Douglas George (Cyanogen)
      Colleen Gino (Mt. Wilson Observatory)
      Dr. Douglas Hall (Vanderbilt U. -- IAPPP)
      Dave Kenyon (Kenyon Astrophysical Observtory - Sierra College, California)
      Jack Newton (Florida Imaging Center)
      and others. Dr. Doug Hall of Vanderbilt U. (the Godfather of the IAPPP)
      will give the banquet keynote speech Thursday evening.

      For registration forms and full details, please visit the IAPPP web site
      linked from the RTMC web pages at:
      http://www.rtmc-inc.org/iappp.html

      Or you may phone and leave a message: (480) 837-3718. Please include your
      e-mail address and other contact info so we can answer your questions.
      Gene Lucas
      (480) 837-3718
      IAPPP-WW Big Bear Program Editor
      mailto:geneluca@...