23467Re: {MPML} 04F0011

  • Dave Tholen
    Apr 17, 2010
      > Since there is no discovery asterisk in our what we thought were
      > discovery observations it seems that this object is well-known.

      Standard procedure for comets. Look at, for example, comet Garradd
      announced on MPEC 2010-G10. No discovery asterisk.

      And it wouldn't be the first time that a comet discovery was
      announced with a designation only, though my impression is that
      that happens only when there is some question regarding the
      discovery. As far as I can tell, this one is pretty clear cut.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic