RE: [mpatrol] Re: Problems running mpatrol in MinGW

  • Graeme Roy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2009
      Hi Greg,

      Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you.  I'm not a MinGW user but there are several people in this group that have reported success using mpatrol with MinGW.  Does anyone have any thoughts on getting mpatrol to work for Greg in his setup?

      There appears to be an issue with mpatrol.dll when it's built to use msvcrt.dll so perhaps building everything against Microsoft's libc might work, but I don't know if that's an option with MinGW and would require you to have Visual Studio already installed on your machine.

      mpatrol was developed for UNIX systems and it looks like it might need to have a bit more work done to it to get it to work consistently under Windows in all setups.  In particular, I'd like to have mpatrol --dynamic work, but that needs quite a bit of work to use DLL injection.  I'm afraid all this could mean that it's just not going to work for you at the moment.

      Sorry I can't be of more help,

      Graeme.

      #5 0x7c90118a in ntdll!LdrSetAppComp atDllRedirection Callback () from C:\WINDOWS\system32 \ntdll.dll
      > #6 0x004c0000 in ?? ()
      0x00000001 in ?? ()
      > #8 0x0022fd30 in ?? ()
      > #9 0x004c1060 in
      __dll_exit () from c:\<myproject> \install\ Win32\debug\ bin\mpatrolmt. dll

      #10 0x7c91c4da in ntdll!LdrHotPatchRo utine () from C:\WINDOWS\system32 \ntdll.dll
      > #11 0x7c921194 in
      ntdll!RtlMapGeneric Mask () from C:\WINDOWS\system32 \ntdll.dll

      #12 0x7c92108f in ntdll!RtlMapGeneric Mask () from C:\WINDOWS\system32 \ntdll.dll
      > #13 0x7c90e437 in
      ntdll!LdrCreateOutO fProcessImage () from C:\WINDOWS\system32 \ntdll.dll

      > I can step all the way
      through until I am back in the DllMainCRTStartup function. Then, the next step causes the crash. Any ideas for me? Any more information I could provide to help?