Re: [mowind] Meeting Topic - CLASSES

  • Bruce Matlack
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 29, 2012
      Del
      Will look forward to seeing you at both venues.  I will be in my motor home with the Painting of a whale on the stern.  I stay inside the compound at Sarasota, and at Calema, outside the park at a commercial establishment across the street where I have worked out an overnight fee to park.
      Cheers!
      Bruce

      On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Del Carpenter <delcarpenter@...> wrote:

      Ron, Arden, Woody, & Bruce

      I look forward to seeing each of you again.  I'll be at Sarasota and Calema with my own Kona board & rig.

      If you need a Kona board & rig for charter for those races contact Steve Gottlieb at sailaero@...

      I'm staying at what was the Banana River Resort in Cocoa Beach, also now known as Sobe Surf Resort.  I don't know if there are any places left there or not.  Joachim Larsson, Kona brand owner will also be there.

      See the Kona Forum on the Kona website for more information. http://www.konaone.com/Forum/en/706/English/

      Ron, what I really hope you'll do is try a Kona board & rig, race in the Kona class and then switch.

      Good winds,

      Del

      On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 8:32 AM, RONALD TROXEL <rktroxel@...> wrote:

      Arden,
      Thanks for the explaination.  I don't know if I'll make it to any of the Mowind events since both of the two events I participated in are no longer held. (Higgins and Toledo)  I am now in West Olive on the shore of Lake Michigan.  Between Holland and Grand Haven, MI.  I wish there were events closer to my neck of the woods.  Remember the windfest at Grand Haven several years ago?  The trips to Fond du lac were a blast but now that I'm retired, I don't feel like making the drive any more.  I will however be driving with my wife to Florida next month to catch the two big races down there and visiting with friends.

      Ron