MOWIND 2010 Racing Pre-Season Conference Call - Tentative March 14, 2010 at 8PM CST

  • Philip S
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2010

      Hello MOWIND members,

      Now that the water is just about done being frozen over it is time to get ready for the
      next year of windsurfing.

      The purpose of this discussion is to determine what is important to MOWIND for the next year.

      In a few weeks - Let's say on or around March 14th on a Sunday evening at 8:00 PM CST, for any interested members we will have a conference call and decide on the items to discuss for 2010.

      Feel free to suggest a better date and time is this is totally bad for someone who has an important discusion or announcement.

      Important topics or updates that come to mind are:

      Race and Event Insurance - Craigh Berg
      Classes and Fleets - Any Chnages for 2010?
      Scoring - Arden Anderson
      Web Page - Scott Hass
      Officers and Committees - Each Report Out
      Scheduling - Arnie Cleveland
      Canadian Nationals - Woody
      Fundraising - Kevin  Gratton
      Feel free to comment or introduce you own topic if you think it is important by sending the group an email.

      I have also invited several local groups to join the call and hope you might consider putting on an event this summer. Please join us! Here is our Website www.mowind.org

      I have used the service from www.freeconference.com  If someone has access to a "free" 800 number call in service that we can utilize, please speak up. If not in the next week once I get some feedback on dates, and other services, I will send out the final meeting announcement.

      I look forward to the email discussion that usually precedes this call. Please keep the list intact and add in folks I may have missed or do not have an email for (The Grosse Point Gang)

      Warm Regards from Snow Bound Frozen Ohio

      Philip

      US 287
    • Kevin Gratton
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010

        Hi Phil & fellow MoWinders,

        Thank you for taking the time to call a meeting!

        Sunday the 14th @ 8pm works for me.  Earlier say 7 pm works also.

        I would like to see MoWind (us) work on getting insurance so we could teach during our events,  We also need to get the kids involved more.

        Nick Hayes (Milw. WI.) authored a new book called Saving Sailing and I have been fortunate to meet him at one of his presentations.  Involving the whole family is one of the most important ingredients to success.

        Talk to all at the meeting.

        Thanks,
        Kevin Gratton
        Owner - Certified Instructor