Re: [mowind] Longboard Revolution

  • Brad Woodworth
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
      One of the first things I did after unpacking the Phantom was stand it on our bathroom scale. Now the weight only showed 24lbs, but factor in the 10lb offset we have on our scale to make us feel better about our personal weight (haha), that would make the board 34lbs (including centerboard, straps and fin). So at 295liters, that's light! I'll be trying different fin combinations over the next while to see what works best with my sail quiver.

      I'll post some pics in the future.

      Woody

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
        Thanks Woody. At 34 lbs the Phantom Race 380 is similar to a Mistral
        One Design.

        Del

      • Del Carpenter
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
          I have a lot of pictures to put on the web from this year's races at
          the Saylorville Dam Jam, Toledo Regatta, and the Nationals at
          Worthington.

          Which of the various services such as Snapfish, Flickr, Smugmug,
          Photobucket or whatever do you use?

          I'm mostly interested in ease of use for viewers, easy uploading for
          me, lots of temporary storage space, and free except for printing.
          I'm not currently interested in using it for long term backup.

          Del
        • Scott Haas
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
            There are so many file sharing sites ... I like Picasa which Google now
            runs . http://picasa.google.com/

            If you are uploading for people to make prints from ..
            I like the Kodak site as so far the prints I've got through them are
            always real nice.

            http://www.kodakgallery.ca/Welcome.jsp?&localeid=en_CA

            Scott

            --- In mowind@yahoogroups.com, Del Carpenter <delcarpenter@...> wrote:

            > I have a lot of pictures to put on the web from this year's races
            at
            > the Saylorville Dam Jam, Toledo Regatta, and the Nationals at
            > Worthington.
            >
            > Which of the various services such as Snapfish, Flickr, Smugmug,
            > Photobucket or whatever do you use?
            >
            > I'm mostly interested in ease of use for viewers, easy uploading for
            > me, lots of temporary storage space, and free except for printing.
            > I'm not currently interested in using it for long term backup.
            >
            > Del

          • Philip S
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8, 2008
              Hey Woody -

              What color is it? (? Blue?)

              :)

              Should be more fun than the old superlite going downwind - Yes?

              Philip Sage

              US 287