Update on 2008 English Retreat

  • Bruce Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007

      Dear Sangha,

      I sent an e-mail after Thay’s retreat in Colorado about the planned gathering in Plum Village in 2008 from May 4 – May 20.  Turns  out that that plans have changed (impermanence), and that the retreat is now planned for the same dates in Hanoi, Viet Nam.  The retreat will coincide with a celebration of Vesak (Buddha’s birthday) co-sponsored by the UN.  Here’s a recent article on some of the early planning for the celebration in Hanoi.  The article doesn’t state this, but I’m assuming that Thay will be one of the speakers at the event.

      Cheers,

      Bruce

      http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/showarticle.php?num=02POL121107