lentil soup

  • eshanehamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2005
      This is the recipe for the soup I made at the OI aspirant meeting on Saturday. Enjoy!

      Peace,
      Erica

      Lentil soup

      1 or 2 medium to large garlic cloves minced
      1 teaspoon minced ginger or ginger powder
      1 teaspoon curry
      1 teaspoon garam masala or coriander
      1/2 teaspoon cumin
      Spike to taste
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      2 cups lentils (soaked for 24 hours)
      7 medium carrots, chopped
      1 handful of chard or spinach
      3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
      Water

      In a large pot, cook the garlic, ginger, and spices, and salt in the olive/canola oil until
      brown and fragrant. Add the carrots and chard/spinach and mix until they are coated
      with the spices and oil. Add the lentils and enough water so that there is about an
      inch more water in the pot than lentils. Cook on medium for 1 hour (approximately).
      Add salt and pepper to taste.