Chan Huy visit to CDC & June 15 Day of Mindfulness date change

  • Elaine Anne
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2013
      Dear Thay
      Dear Sangha

      Chan Huy will visit and teach our Tuesday Nite Sangha on June 18 and our Day of Mindfulness on June 22.  Please note that our regular 3rd Saturday Day of Mindfulness for June 15 is changed to June 22.  There will be a retreat with Chan Huy June 14-17.  Details:
      Chan Huy, “True Radiance”,” comes from a family with four generations of Thich Nhat Hanh’s students, from his grandmother to his two children. He was ordained as a Dharma Teacher by Thich Nhat Hahn in 1994. He teaches mindfulness meditation and leads retreats throughout North America. If you have wanted to hear Thich Nhat Hanh in person but have not been able to do so, Chan Huy can give you a taste of that experience. He is among the most accomplished and articulate of Thich Nhat Hanh’s lay Dharma Teachers. You will know from his presence that he embodies the practice of mindfulness.

      Healing Ourselves, Healing the World: Cultivating the Art of Mindful Living”
      A 4 day residential mindfulness retreat with Dharmacharya Chan Huy
      Sunrise Ranch, Loveland, CO

      June 14-17, 2013

      Retreat Format
      Check-in is on Friday, June 14th 3:00 – 5:00. The retreat will end after lunch at about 1:00 p.m. on Monday, June 17th. Please join us as we practice mindfulness in the tradition of TNH. We will enjoy sitting meditation, indoor walking meditation, outdoor activities (weather permitting), dharma talks, dharma discussion, eating meditation, total relaxation, mindful movement, singing and community circle.  We will be surrounded by the pristine beauty and wisdom of the Rocky Mountains.  Wrapped in a blanket of noble silence, we will have a unique opportunity to come home to our deepest selves and waking to the beauty that is present in every moment.

      Accommodations
      Sunrise Ranch is a spectacular setting for a mindfulness retreat! We will have the option of single, double, and triple room accommodation as well as dorms and camping. All meals will be vegetarian. http://www.sunriseranch.org

      Dana - The Gift of Generosity
      Chan Huy follows a long tradition of offering the Buddha’s teachings without charge, as these teachings are priceless. As part of this tradition those receiving the teachings support the teacher. Please consider making a donation according to your means and the value you feel you have received. Make your donation at the retreat. Suggested Dana is $25 per day.

      Registration
      Please complete the registration form online at http://www.sunriseranch.org
      Full payment must be received by June 7, 2013. We cannot accept registrations after this day.
      Questions? Email us at sherman.m@...

    • Elaine Anne
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2013
        Dear Thay
        Dear Sangha

        Chan Huy will visit and teach Tuesday Nite Sangha on June 18 and our Day of Mindfulness on June 22.

        Please join us for whatever timeframe fits your schedule:

        TUESDAY NITE SANGHA:  We meet from 5-9.  Teaching 5-6:30; sitting, chanting, 6:30-8:00; potluck vegetarian dinner 8-9

        DAY OF MINDFULNESS:

        Bring:  your preferred method of sitting (cushions and chairs are available for use), water bottle, and a vegetarian lunch or something to share for vegetarian potluck lunch.
        Donations are gratefully accepted.

        SATURDAY:  tentative schedule ~
        9:30 AM - Sitting meditation
        10:00 AM - Singing, mindful movements, walking meditation
        11:30 AM - Dharma talk
        12:30 PM - Lunch (pot luck or bring your own)
        1:30 PM - Total relaxation
        2:30 PM - Sitting meditation
        3:00 PM - Tea meditation, Dharma sharing
        4:00 PM - Cleaning (We ask the Sangha to please help clean the monastery at the end of the day)
        4:30 PM - Ending

        Compassionate Dharma Cloud Monastery
        8485 US HWY 285- Morrison, Colorado, 80465

        Directions:
        Take Hwy 285 South 8.3 miles from the interchange of 285 and C470, turn right onto Settler’s Road, take an immediate left onto the dirt/frontage road, go 200 yards and turn sharp right and then left into the parking lot.

        With a deep bow of gratitude ~
        _()_
        CDC Monastery & Tuesday Nite Sangha