MINDFUL ARTISTS NETWORK AND RETREAT WITH SR. JEWEL IN FINDHORN/JUNE 2013

  • Bruce Campbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2013
      Dear friends,

      we would like to bring to your and your sangha's awareness the international Mindful Artists Network with its first artists' retreat "The Heart of Creativity" in June 2013, in Findhorn/Scotland.

      We would very much appreciate your help in publicising this event by forwarding this e-mail to all members of your sangha and to others who might be interested. Please find a poster / flyer with informations attached, and we would be most grateful if you could display some prints in relevant places. If you would like to receive some hard copies in A4 or A5 format, please let us know and we will post them to you.

      We feel very lucky to receive support for our first event from monastic Dharma teacher Sister Jewel (Chau Nghiem) from EIAB, Germany. Under her spiritual guidance, we will hold a weekend retreat for artists of all art forms in the Findhorn community in the beautiful North of Scotland, June 28th - 30th. Sr. Jewel is from the US and ordained as a nun in 1999. She regularly leads mindfulness courses for artists and has a background in dance and improvisation. She is also the editor of Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children by Thich Nhat Hanh.

      The aim of the network is to build connections amongst mindfulness practitioners from all Buddhist traditions who work in a variety of art forms. How can artists and journalists contribute to a sustainable and compassionate society? How can we ground our work in our spiritual practice and in mindful ethics? For more information on the network, please go to www.mindful-artists.org.

      The network was launched last summer in Plum Village by OI members Susanne Olbrich (pianist & composer based at Findhorn, Scotland) and myself, Aleksandra Kumorek (writer & director, Berlin).

      We hope that a lot of arts practitioners will be able to benefit from the wonderful opportunity of this retreat! With great gratitude for your support,

      A lotus to you,

      Aleksandra Kumorek

      (True Profound Ideas, OI since 2012)