Evening & day of silent practice, Feb. 15-16, 2013

  • Elaine Anne
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 10 4:53 PM
      Dear Thay
      Dear Sangha
      Dear Friends

      An evening and day of silent practice:

      Friday & Saturday, February 15 & 16, 2013.

      This is different from our first Saturday Days of Mindfulness.  The format for this day is a day of silence ~ sitting, walking, silent reflexion. And lunch, of course.  Vegetarian pot luck or bring your own.  Our goal is to increase our sitting time as the day progresses.  We may have opportunities for private consultations.  This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen our practice with monastic guidance.

      If you wish to come overnight please plan to arrive after dinner and by 7:00PM for our evening meditation.  Call Elaine by Thursday  to reserve your space and for more details ~ 303-567-2927.

      If you come for Saturday only we begin at 9:30 and continue to 4:30.

      Directions:
      Take Hwy 285 South 8.3 miles from the interchange of 285 and C470, turn right onto Settler’s Road, take an immediate left onto the dirt/frontage road, go 200 yards and turn sharp right and then left into the parking lot.

      Compassionate Dharma Cloud Monastery
      8485 US HWY 285
      Morrison, Colorado  80465
      303-697-4645

      We hope you will join us.

      With a deep bow of gratitude and peace ~

      _()_

      Compassionate Dharma Cloud Monastery & Tuesday Nite Sangha
    • Elaine Anne
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 10, 2013

        Dear Thay
        Dear Sangha
        Dear Friends

        An evening and day of silent practice:

        Friday & Saturday, March 15 & 16, 2013.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 15, 2013
          Dear Thay
          Dear Sangha
          Dear Friends

          An evening and day of silent practice:

          Friday & Saturday, July 19 & 20, 2013.

          This is different from our first Saturday Days of Mindfulness.  The format for this day is a day of silence ~ sitting, walking, silent reflexion. And lunch, of course.  Vegetarian pot luck or bring your own.  Our goal is to increase our sitting time as the day progresses.  We may have opportunities for private consultations.  This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen our practice with monastic guidance.

          If you wish to come overnight please plan to arrive after dinner and by 7:00PM for our evening meditation.  Please call Elaine by Thursday  to reserve your space and for more details ~ 303-567-2927.

          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 13, 2013
            Dear Thay
            Dear Sangha
            Dear Friends

            An evening and day of silent practice:

            Friday & Saturday, August 16 & 17, 2013.

            This is different from our first Saturday Days of Mindfulness.  The format for this day is a day of silence ~ sitting, walking, silent reflexion. And lunch, of course.  Vegetarian pot luck or bring your own.  Our goal is to increase our sitting time as the day progresses.  We may have opportunities for private consultations.  This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen our practice with monastic guidance.

            If you wish to come overnight please plan to arrive after dinner and by 7:00PM for our evening meditation.  Please call Thay by Thursday  to reserve your space and for more details ~ 303-697-4645.

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 16, 2013
                Dear Thay
                Dear Sangha
                Dear Friends

                An evening and day of silent practice:

                Friday & Saturday, September 20 & 21, 2013.

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 25, 2013
                  Dear Thay
                  Dear Sangha
                  Dear Friends

                  This is a notice to save the date ~ November 8-10 Phap Dang will be at CDC for a weekend retreat.  Details to follow.

                  _()_

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 26, 2013

                    3-Day Retreat with ThayChan Phap-Dang

                    November 8-10, 2013

                    Dedicate Your Weekend to Practice

                    On this retreat, you have the chance to engage in a seamless yet relaxing schedule of mindful activity from Friday evening to Sunday evening.

                    Harmonize your body and mind, by engaging in healthy living and mindfulness meditation—balancing all of the five aspects of diet, sleep, body, breath, and mind. Either in stillness or in motion,cultivate a clear and stable mind amidst all that you do. This is the very essence of meditation practice. Settling into the weekend routine, you will experience greater relaxation of body and calmness of mind. Hear Dharma talks about meditation methods as well as basic principles ofBuddhadharma and the unique approach of the Zenschool.

                    This intensive level retreat is open to those who:

                    have established a routine personal practice
                    have prior retreat experience (1-day or longer meditation retreat)

                    Led by:

                    Thay Chan Phap-Dang and ThayTinh-Man

                    Begins:

                    Friday, November 8, 2013 check-in 4:00-6:00pm

                    Ends:

                    Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:00pm

                    Fee:

                    $150 (Nobody will be turned away due lack of funds)

                    Deadline:

                    November 3, 2013

                    Thay Chan Phap-Dang is a student of Zen Master ThichNhat Hanh. He received a Lamp Transmission to be a Dharma Teacher in 1996. He travels to teach the dharma in Thailand, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Germany, Italy, and Indonesia.

                    Thay Tinh-Man
                    A director of the Compassionate Dharma Cloud Monastery in Morrison, CO.,Thich Tinh-Man is a monastic disciple of Vietnamese Zen-MasterThich NhatHanh. He received a monastic education at the Plum Village in France andreceived full ordination in 1995. He received a Lamp Transmission from ThichNhat Hanh’sZen tradition in 1999. ThichTinh-Man holds a Master's Degree ofReligious Studies in Tibetan Buddhism from the NaropaUniversity in 2007. He is fluent in bothVietnamese and English.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 15, 2013
                      Dear Thay
                      Dear Sangha
                      Dear Friends

                      A day of silent practice:

                      Saturday, October 19, 2013.

                      This is different from our first Saturday Days of Mindfulness.  The format for this day is a day of silence ~ sitting, walking, silent reflexion. And lunch, of course.  Vegetarian pot luck or bring your own.  Our goal is to increase our sitting time as the day progresses.  We may have opportunities for private consultations.  This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen our practice with monastic guidance.

                      We begin at 9:30 and continue to 4:30.  (Please note:  we will not have an overnight practice at CDC this weekend.  We welcome everyone to practice overnight from home)

                      Directions:
                      Take Hwy 285 South 8.3 miles from the interchange of 285 and C470, turn right onto Settler’s Road, take an immediate left onto the dirt/frontage road, go 200 yards and turn sharp right and then left into the parking lot.

                      A few spaces are available for the retreat with Phap Dang
                      Please join us for this wonderful opportunity to spend a practice weekend with 2 of Thay Thich Nhat Hanh's senior monks.  Please register early as space is limited to 25 people.
                      To register:
                        please register with elaine at 303-567-2927, truelotusheart@....  A limited number of scholarships are available.  Please inquire with elaine for details.
                      Compassionate Dharma Cloud Monastery
                      8485 US HWY 285
                      Morrison, Colorado  80465
                      303-697-4645

                      We hope you will join us for these events.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 11, 2013
                        Dear Thay
                        Dear Sangha
                        Dear Friends

                        An evening and day of silent practice:

                        Friday & Saturday, November 15-16, 2013.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 12, 2014
                          Dear Thay
                          Dear Sangha
                          Dear Friends

                          An evening and day of silent practice:

                          Friday & Saturday, January 17 & 18, 2014.

                          This is different from our first Saturday Days of Mindfulness.  The format for this day is a day of silence ~ sitting, walking, silent reflexion. And lunch, of course.  Vegetarian pot luck or bring your own.  Our goal is to increase our sitting time as the day progresses.  We may have opportunities for private consultations.  This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen our practice with monastic guidance.

                          If you wish to come overnight please plan to arrive after dinner and by 7:00PM for our Friday evening meditation.  Please call Elaine by Thursday to reserve your space and for more details ~ 303-567-2927.

                          www.cdcmonastery.org