Thich Nhat Hanh retreat planning extravagansa

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      I hope this finds you all enjoying this wonderful, sunny winter afternoon!

      It is time again to begin organizing our local sangha support for Thich Nhat Hanh's August retreat at the YMCA, the public talk at the Buell Theater in Denver and new this year a young people's "Wake Up" retreat at The Naropa Institute in Boulder.

      I am sure that I have shared before how lucky I feel to have to opportunity to practice with such a rich and diverse community. It really is a gift to have such a strong sangha and to have Thay and the monastic community coming to us once a year. Almost anywhere else in the world we would have to add an expensive plane fare or road trip on top of the cost of the retreat itself!

      Giving the gift of our time and energy is a practice of Dana paramita, the gift of generosity. Helping to plan for the retreat is a wonderful opportunity to practice together while supporting Thay, the monastic sangha and the lay community. In addition we get to know our brothers and sisters in the larger sangha in a deeper way.
      We would like to invite anyone who is interested in helping to support the retreat this year to join us for a day of practice, planning and sharing!

      We will be meeting at a place yet to be determined on Saturday March 12th from 1:00 to 4:00.

      Let's check in with each other and talk about our ideas for supporting the monastic retreat and Thay's visit for this year. We will be talking about how we get the word out, the items we offer for sale, creating publicity for the events and on-site support for the events.

      The monastic advance team will be in Colorado to conduct a site visit at the YMCA of the Rockies and the Buell Theater as well as to meet with us to discuss local support efforts over the week of April 16-22nd.

      Please e-mail me at sheman.m@... to let us know if you are interested in being involved this year.

      Smiling to you all,
      matt
    • Beth Eld
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2011
        Dear friends,

        Please note that Matthew Sherman's email address was off by a letter
        in the original email. The correct address to get more info about
        these events is: sherman.m@...

        -Beth

        --
        "Whether you know it or not – you are already there. You are the
        beauty… the power… the passion… the knowledge… the fire… the calm… the