Fwd: Change Your Mind Day 2006

  • Jennifer Colton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hello Dear Sangha,

      Here is a note I received from Larry at Tricycle Foundation. Feel free to email him if you are interested in any part of organizing, helping, or participating in "Change Your Mind Day" .
      Hope all of you are well? See you Thursday!
      With a smile & a bow,
      ~jen

      Dear Jennifer and the entire Mountain Stream Sangha community,

      I am writing today about Change Your Mind Day, the day of free meditation
      instruction that Tricycle has been presenting for over ten years.

      The first Change Your Mind Day took place in New York¹s Central Park in
      1994. Seven years ago the grassroots event began to spread across the
      country, and last year the event was held in over 40 cities worldwide.

      As in the time of the Buddha, the teachings are held out of doors in an open
      setting and all are welcome to attend. We ask only that three Buddhist
      traditions are represented and that the teachings are offered for free. Most
      events also include related offerings such as contemplative exercise
      sessions, musical performances, and poetry readings. The next Change Your
      Mind Day is scheduled for June 3, 2006.

      Many organizers have begun preparations for this June, but there are still
      plenty of hopeful planners that are in need of your help. If you are
      interested in organizing a CYMD event, or would like to help others in your
      area organize an event, please respond to this email, and we will do our
      best to match you will other interested parties in your community.

      You can find additional information on our website:
      http://www.tricycle.com/foundation/change.html

      Change Your Mind Day is an inviting way to introduce people to the dharma.
      It¹s also a wonderful opportunity to build community relationships and
      become familiar with other Buddhist traditions. If you have any questions,
      concerns, or would like more information, please, don¹t hesitate to contact
      us.

      Warm wishes,
      Larry

      Larry Ransom-Wiley
      CYMD Coordinator
      --
      Tricycle Foundation
      92 Vandam Street

      email: cym@...

      Diverse and colorful printed material with no surprises.

      Jennifer Colton                              Office:  303-443-4413 ext 106
      Sales Manager                                Mobile: 720-231-9595
      Dennis Printing Service                     Fax: 303-443-7101
      2300 Central Ave. Suite A
      Boulder, CO 80301