Fwd: [mosling] CONF: COPULAS
- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: katia golovko <katia.golovko@...>
Date: Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Subject: [mosling] CALL: COPULAS
To: firstname.lastname@example.orgApologies for cross-posting
Workshop on Copulas
University of Bologna, Italy.
This is a preliminary call for papers to be presented at the workshop on copulas taking place at the University of Bologna, Department of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures (LILEC) on March 13th, 2014.
The aim of this workshop is to gather together scholars and students studying copulas from all domains of linguistic analysis. We have adopted a broad definition of copula including attributive, ascriptive, identificational, equative, locative and existential sentences. Contributions may address one or more of the following subjects:
- Copular taxonomy;
- The semantics of copular items;
- Dropping, omission deletion or absence of copulas;
- Copula variation due to semantic and/or syntactic factors;
- Copulas in pidgin and creoles;
- Emergence of copular items - the copula cycle;
- Copulas in first and second language acquisition;
- Micro-variation: comparative studies of the copular systems in typologically related languages, languages pertaining to the same dialect cluster, or even in different registers of the same language;
- Multi-copula systems;
All papers will be allocated 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion.
Alessandro Panunzi (University of Firenze)
Andrea Moro (IUSS - Pavia) (to be confirmed)
Abstracts should be no more than 500 words including title, main text and references (word count to be written at the bottom of your text). Please send your proposal as a PDF or Word file attached to an email containing your personal information (name, surname and affiliation).
By September 15th, please send your expression of interest or any other queries to:
Katia Golovko ekaterina.golovko4@...
Maria Mazzoli tefra.tefra@...--
via Olindo Guerrini, 17