Help Linguist List Fund Drive end in 48 hours!

  • Barbara Partee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2012
      Dear Russian colleagues,

      Linguist List is trying to end their Fund Drive in the next 48 hours! I am
      happy to report that relatively many donations have come from Russia again
      this year! At this moment, Russia is #6 among all European countries in
      donations to Linguist List ($475), and there are donations from a number of
      different institutions in Russia, with MGU and RGGU among the top 15
      institutions in Europe in the "Graduate School Challenge". On behalf of the
      Advisory Board, of which I'm a member, I heartily thank everyone who has
      donated so far!

      But more donations are needed to reach the goal of $67,000.

      If you have used and appreciate Linguist List, but haven't made a donation
      yet, we urge you to do so! In the U.S., such donations are a very real and
      substantial part of the funding base for non-profit organizations. The
      money that comes in through the Fund Drive provides financial support for
      the graduate students who help run Linguist List – many of them
      international students -- at Eastern Michigan University, the central hub
      of Linguist List, and it also helps convince their University and other
      major donors that Linguist List is really appreciated, so that they are
      then willing to provide additional support for students, computer
      programmers, etc. Contributions that come from far away -- like Russia! --
      are doubly important in that respect. Small donations are as important as
      large ones. (If everyone who visited Linguist List contributed just $1,
      they would get far more than the $67,000 they need to raise!)

      Let me emphasize that no one should feel any pressure to give more than
      they can comfortably afford. No one expects donations from Russia to match
      donations from the U.S. But if you can give something, please give what you
      can!

      Here is the donation site: http://linguistlist.org/donation/ . If you
      don't have a credit card or a friend with a credit card, you can give me
      cash (or even give me a promise to give me cash later), and I can make the
      donation in your name with my credit card. [tell me your name in Latin
      letters, e-mail, university or institute, and the amount in rubles or
      dollars.]

      This is the very end of the fund drive (we all hope!). After this, I won't
      bother you any more until next year!

      Thank you all!

      Barbara
      Barbara H. Partee
      50 Hobart Ln, Amherst, MA 01002
      +1 (413) 549-4501

      Tallinskaya 2, apt. 258, Moscow 123458, Russia
      +7 (495) 757-0108

      Dept. of Linguistics, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-9274
      phone (413) 545-0889, fax (413) 545-2792
      *****
      E-mail (no matter where): partee@...
      Home page: http://people.umass.edu/partee/
      Sept 2011 - mid-Feb 2012: Amherst. Mid-Feb - August 2012: Moscow.