Fwd: Call for papers: Workshop on Meaning and Vagueness

  • Barbara Partee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2012
      From the workshop organizers:

      Dear friends and colleagues,

      we are happy to inform you that we are organizing a workshop on "Meaning and
      form of vagueness: a cross-linguistic perspective" at the 45th Annual
      Meeting
      of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (Stockholm, 29 August-1 September 2012,
      www.sle2012.eu).

      The description of the workshop, research directions, and a non-exhaustive
      list
      of possible topics are available on the workshop website:
      https://sites.google.com/site/workshopvagueness2012

      Abstracts should be submitted to the SLE by 15 January 2012 via the
      conference
      site (http://www.sle2012.eu/), specifying that the abstract is intended as
      an
      “Oral Presentation” in our workshop.

      Abstracts should be anonymous and contain between 400 and 500 words
      (exclusive
      of references). They should state research questions, approach, method, data
      and (expected) results. Notification of acceptance will be given by 31 March
      2012.

      If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at
      workshop.vagueness2012@...

      We wish you all the best for the New Year!

      Francesca Masini, Caterina Mauri, Lucia M. Tovena and Miriam Voghera
      (Workshop Convenors)

      Barbara H. Partee
      50 Hobart Ln, Amherst, MA 01002
      +1 (413) 549-4501

      Tallinskaya 2, apt. 258, Moscow 123458, Russia
      +7 (495) 757-0108

      Dept. of Linguistics, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-9274
      phone (413) 545-0889, fax (413) 545-2792
      *****
      E-mail (no matter where): partee@...
      Home page: http://people.umass.edu/partee/
      Sept 2011 - mid-Feb 2012: Amherst. Mid-Feb - August 2012: Moscow.