Fwd: research positions 2005-4
- --- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 22:48:55 +0100
From: "Carlos Martin-Vide" <carlos.martin@...>
To: "Carlos Martin Vide" <carlos.martin@...>
Subject: research positions 2005-4
A few positions may be available starting in the Fall-Winter 2005 in
the Research Group on Mathematical Linguistics at Rovira i Virgili
University (Tarragona, Spain).
The web site of the group (the host institute) is:
The eligible topics are the group's current or future research
- Formal language theory and its applications.
- Biomolecular computing and nanotechnology.
- Language and speech technologies.
- Formal theories of language acquisition.
- Computational neuroscience.
Other related fields might still be eligible provided there exist
strong enough candidates for them.
- Between 12 and 36 months long.
- The positions are intended for top-level appointments, i.e. to
attract world-class researchers.
- Very experienced researchers are sought with outstanding past
achievements in teaching and research.
- Teaching at PhD level, research and student supervising are all
- The research subject should be of a leading edge and/or
- There is no restriction on nationality or age, with the following two
exceptions: (i) Spaniards are ineligible unless they have resided for
at least 4 of the last 5 years outside the European Union. (ii) Non-
Spaniards having resided in Spain for at least 4 of the last 5 years
- Candidates must be working at present outside the European 25 Member
States, Associated Candidate States (Bulgaria, Romania, Turkey) or
Associated States (Iceland, Israel, Liechtenstein, Norway,
Switzerland), and can not have resided for more than 1 year of the last
3 years in Spain.
- Although there is no particular preference, European citizens working
outside Europe at present are encouraged to apply.
- The financial size of a position (all included: salary, travel and
mobility expenses, research management and overheads, equipment) will
be in the interval 260,000-700,000 euros. The relations between the
holder and the host institute will be governed by a specific agreement.
- The holder will be hired under a work contract.
It will consist of 2 stages:
- a pre-selection based on CV and carried out by the host institute,
- a full proposal, to be evaluated by the funding agency.
Expressions of interest are welcome until February 7, 2005. They should
contain the researcher's CV and mention "2005-4" in the subject box.
The outcome of the preselection will be reported immediately after. For
the preselected candidates, the deadline for the submission of the full
proposal will be February 16, 2005. Directions, advice and support will
be given to them by the host institute.
GMX im TV ... Die Gedanken sind frei ... Schon gesehen?
Jetzt Spot online ansehen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/tv-spot