Fwd: Fw: New organization of Slavic linguists: *PLEASE FORWARD BROADLY*

  • Gurevich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7 1:07 AM
      This is a forwarded message
      From: Barbara H Partee <partee@...>
      Date: Wednesday, January 05, 2005, 9:59:32 PM
      Subject: Fw: New organization of Slavic linguists: *PLEASE FORWARD BROADLY*

      From: Steven Franks
      To: grapp@...
      Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 8:28 PM

      To everyone interested in the linguistic study of Slavic languages!

      After a productive roundtable discussion at the recent AATSEEL
      meeting, we have decided to go ahead with the organization of a new
      Society for Slavic Linguistics. At this initial stage in the process
      our intent is simply to create a "virtual" society, although
      eventually we hope to hold scholarly meetings. Our intent is to create
      an inclusive scholarly community of people working on linguistic
      problems of the Slavic languages. Membership is free and open to all,
      regardless of theoretical or methodological orientation, professional
      status, or geographic location.

      Our first goal is to set up web pages of potential use to Slavic
      linguists. These will be maintained by Gil Rappaport at the University
      of Texas. So if you are interested in joining all you need to do is
      send him an e-mail, at <grapp@...>, with the following
      information:

      REQUIRED INFO:

      1. YOUR NAME:

      2. E-MAIL ADDRESS:

      OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL INFO:

      3. MAILING ADDRESS and INSTITUTIONAL AFFILIATION

      4. TELEPHONE and/or FAX NUMBERS

      5. RESEARCH SPECIALIZATIONS, including LANGUAGES and AREAS OF LINGUISTICS

      6. COURSES YOU TEACH

      7. LINK(S) TO YOUR OWN WEBSITE(S)

      Once Gil has set this up, he will send a message to all registered
      members soliciting additional materials which could be posted to the
      web for public download. You can provide pdf versions of research
      papers, teaching materials you wish to share, or even a current cv.

      In addition to downloadable papers, the web site will eventually also
      have pages with the following kinds of information of general
      interest:

      UPCOMING MEETINGS
      JOB VACANCIES
      RESEARCH/STUDY/GRANT OPPORTUNITIES