CONF: 5th Graduate Colloquium on Slavic Linguistics

  • Gurevich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2007
      5th Graduate Colloquium on Slavic Linguistics
      September 29, 2007
      The Ohio State University

      Call for papers

      The Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Literatures, and
      the Center for Slavic and East European Studies at the Ohio State University
      are pleased to announce the Fifth Graduate Colloquium on Slavic Linguistics.
      The colloquium will take place on September 29, 2007 at the Ohio State
      University campus in
      Columbus, OH.

      We invite students from all areas of Slavic linguistics, including but not
      restricted to, phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics,
      pragmatics, historical linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics and
      dialectology to submit abstracts.

      We encourage students working in both formal and functional frameworks to
      participate in this event. Interdisciplinary projects from the students in
      related fields such as anthropology, sociology, psychology, comparative
      studies are welcome, as far as they are related to Slavic linguistics.

      Each presentation will be allowed 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion.

      Please send abstracts of maximum 500 words to Anastasia Smirnova
      (smirnova@...-state.edu), or Matthew Curtis (curtis.199@...).

      The abstracts should be anonymous, and we ask you to include your name,
      affiliation, mailing address, and email address in the body of the email.

      The deadline for abstract submission is August 1st.

      Accommodation with local graduate students will be available.

      If you have any questions, please contact the organizers.

      Organizers:

      Anastasia Smirnova (smirnova@...-state.edu)
      Matthew Curtis (curtis.199@...)