Subject lines and the morganowners group

  • cakinscakins123
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2012
      There appears to be a ligaments discussion going on under the subject line "Re: Hello, all" on the Morganowners group.
      This scares me to death! "Re: Hello" and "Re: Hi" and similar subject lines are so often the subject lines of virus laden emails that I trash all such subject line emails unopened. Please use another subject line so I can be comfortable opening the emails.
      Thanks!
      Charles Akins
    • Karl Burton
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2012
        This is a good point.  As a moderator, I probably fell down by not thinking about that and getting people to change the header on that thread, as soon as it got traffic.

        The discussion is in fact all perfectly fine, and is really about shaft issues, as I recall.

        And my inability to remember offhand what that line of discussion is really about is a perfect example of why people should change the headings in cases like this.  The original "Hello All" was sensible, as it was a first post.  But it should have gotten changed to something else quickly, if for no other reason than to make it easier to search in the future.

        As I say, I should have done something useful, but I post this as a reminder to everyone - let the header relate to content - don't just keep replying.  It's understandable and expectable and fine that a conversation about x turns into a conversation about y - but at some point the header should say "y".

        Thank you.