[morganowners] Morgan Wall Covering

  • WILLIAM ADAMS
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
      I have some vinyl wall covering that I think is probably common in lots of Morgans. It's a tan or off-white weave, that on my boat comes in two varieties, a courser weave and a finer weave pattern. I'm working on sprucing up the interior and thought about painting this stuff to brighten things up. If anyone has done this I'd like to hear what paint was used, your results and any caveats you may choose to share.

      My boat is a "bi-centennial model" M-30 with an interior that differs substantially from most thirties. One of the things I like least about it is the carpet installed on the overhead and paritally down the sides of the hull. I'd love to remove this carpet but I'm afraid I'd find lots of hard to remove glue and perhaps a roughly finished fiberglass surface that I'm not sure I'd know what to do with. Any suggestions?????

      Bill Adams
      M-30
    • Ray Mummery
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005

        I have the same vinyl on the cabin interior and originally painted it with white EasyPoxy which helped a lot.  It is now coming off in some areas and there is unfinished fiberglass behind it—don’t know what I am going to do with that yet

        Ray Mummery

        Wavedancer M30    (1968)