Fw: [Yanmardiesel] Yahoo privacy intrusion

  • Bob n Ovida Carter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
      What do you think, Rich.

         Bob & Ovida
      M34 Hakuna Matata
      meows: Sasquatch, Sneakers, Zachary & Callie
      http://hakunamatatayellowboat.blogspot.com/

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2009
        Hi Bob and Ovida,

        The post is correct.  Yahoo does use these "web beacon" things and you can opt out.  I did so several years ago, using essentially the same procedure described in the post.

        If I understand it correctly, a web-beacon is sort of a "super-cookie" that connects across the sites of Yahoo sponsors.  It's not overtly malicious, but conceptually, it's creepy.

        That said, I don't have a strong opinion on the subject.  Most people really don't care, some are absolutely fanatical about it.

        I hope your post will serve to notify people and get them moving if they want to opt out.

        Rich