m22

  • barker03887
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 1, 2005
      what is the length of the mast stay spreaders on a m22.
      i am having a hard time getting info on this.
    • barker03887
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 14, 2007
        i have been looking for the manual for a morgan 22 and have not been
        successful please help me
      • bcorb80630@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 14, 2007
          I have an original owners flyer/manual for my 1968 Morgan 22.  It is in pretty bad shape, but I could xerox a copy and mail it to you if you want.  Reply by e-mail bcorb80630@... or call me at 305 743 8797.

          Brad Corbitt
          Snowbird  M22
        • lorienllc
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 21, 2007
            I don't know that i have an owners manual per se, but i did get a
            bunch of goodies from Catalina when i contacted them. Most is zeroxed
            copies (i think it was $10 or $15 for them to send to me). I've still
            got the young lady's email address if you'd like it? Or, i can maybe
            email a few things to you?

            Becki
          • Merlin Clark
            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 22, 2007
              Becki,
              Mind sending the address? When i called I got a guy
              who didn't sound as if he had a clue of what I was
              talking about.
              Merlin
              --- lorienllc <lorienllc@...> wrote:

              > I don't know that i have an owners manual per se,
              > but i did get a
              > bunch of goodies from Catalina when i contacted
              > them. Most is zeroxed
              > copies (i think it was $10 or $15 for them to send
              > to me). I've still
              > got the young lady's email address if you'd like it?
              > Or, i can maybe
              > email a few things to you?
              >
              > Becki

            • lorienllc
              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 22, 2007
                Email sent with address, Merlin. Good luck! :)--- In
                morganowners@yahoogroups.com, Merlin Clark <merlinuxo@...> wrote:

                > Becki,
                > Mind sending the address? When i called I got a guy
                > who didn't sound as if he had a clue of what I was
                > talking about.
                > Merlin
              • David Blakeslee
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 22, 2007
                  Merlin/Becki/ALL

                  The point of contact for Morgan info at Catalina (as
                  of November 2006) is:

                  Gary Moore (customer service)
                  727-544-6681
                  gary@...

                  Dave Blakeslee
                  SV Garoupa MOI28

                  --- Merlin Clark <merlinuxo@...> wrote:

                  > Becki,
                  > Mind sending the address? When i called I got a guy
                  > who didn't sound as if he had a clue of what I was
                  > talking about.
                  > Merlin
                  > --- lorienllc <lorienllc@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I don't know that i have an owners manual per se,
                  > > but i did get a
                  > > bunch of goodies from Catalina when i contacted
                  > > them. Most is zeroxed
                  > > copies (i think it was $10 or $15 for them to send
                  > > to me). I've still
                  > > got the young lady's email address if you'd like
                  > it?
                  > > Or, i can maybe
                  > > email a few things to you?
                  > >
                  > > Becki

                  The fish are biting.
                • Merlin Clark
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 23, 2007
                    Thanks Dave.
                    --- David Blakeslee <dbts2000@...> wrote:

                    > Merlin/Becki/ALL
                    >
                    > The point of contact for Morgan info at Catalina (as
                    > of November 2006) is:
                    >
                    > Gary Moore (customer service)
                    > 727-544-6681
                    > gary@...
                    >
                    > Dave Blakeslee
                    > SV Garoupa MOI28
                    >
                    > --- Merlin Clark <merlinuxo@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Becki,
                    > > Mind sending the address? When i called I got a
                    > guy
                    > > who didn't sound as if he had a clue of what I was
                    > > talking about.
                    > > Merlin
                    > > --- lorienllc <lorienllc@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > I don't know that i have an owners manual per
                    > se,
                    > > > but i did get a
                    > > > bunch of goodies from Catalina when i contacted
                    > > > them. Most is zeroxed
                    > > > copies (i think it was $10 or $15 for them to
                    > send
                    > > > to me). I've still
                    > > > got the young lady's email address if you'd like
                    > > it?
                    > > > Or, i can maybe
                    > > > email a few things to you?
                    > > >
                    > > > Becki

                    > The fish are biting.
                    > Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search
                    > Marketing.

                  • barker03887
                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 11, 2007
                      i am looking for a set of specs and in fo on a M22 i have a 72 m22 hull
                      no. 414. nedd info on drop keel and rigging
                    • Ed Humphries
                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 12, 2007
                        Message
                        That's a centerboard, not a drop (or swing) keel.

                        Rigging on the M22 (from what I've seen anyway) had some variations.

                        If you have a specific question, that might help; I have attached the basic specs if that helps you any.

                        Cheers, Ed Humphries
                        -whose M22 s/v Wind Dancer is still for sale-
                      • sailonedesign
                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 12, 2007

                          Ed,

                          Here are some corrections on the ratios from your attachment:

                          UP S/D16.5

                          DW S/D32.9

                          SA/D = SA / (Disp / 64)2/3

                          SA/D (upwind 301 ft2) = 301 / (3500 / 64) 2/3 = 301 / 14.427 = 20.86

                          SA/D (downwind 330 ft2) = 330 / (3500 / 64) 2/3 = 330 / 14.427 = 22.87

                          D/L      86

                          D/L = (Disp / 2240) / (0.01*LWL)3

                          D/L = (3500 / 2240) / (0.01*20.33) 3 = (1.5625) / (.0084) = 186

                          --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Humphries" <edh3007@...> wrote:

                          > That's a centerboard, not a drop (or swing) keel.
                          >
                          > Rigging on the M22 (from what I've seen anyway) had some variations.
                          >
                          > If you have a specific question, that might help; I have attached the basic
                          > specs if that helps you any.
                          >
                          > Cheers, Ed Humphries
                          > -whose M22 s/v Wind Dancer is still for sale-

                        • skipper5551
                          Message 12 of 27 , Feb 13, 2007
                            --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "barker03887" <barker03887@...>
                            wrote:

                            > i am looking for a set of specs and in fo on a M22 i have a 72 m22
                            hull
                            > no. 414. nedd info on drop keel and rigging

                            Bob Horan here - I have a
                            website "http://members.cox.net/morgan24site" that has a copy of the
                            M22 owners manual posted. It also lists specs on the centerboard and
                            centerboard raising system. You might find most of what you need here.
                          • Merlin Clark
                            Message 13 of 27 , Feb 13, 2007
                              Hi Bob,
                              Good site, thanks.
                              Would you happen to have any pics of the cable,
                              turning blocks and winch?
                              A PO had pinned up my board when something broke and
                              removed everything from the block in the front end of
                              the bilge back to and including the winch.
                              I'll make good use of the drawing and specs all the
                              fine folks on and off the group have done putting this
                              back together.
                              Thanks, Merlin.
                              S/V Cygne
                              1967 Morgan 24

                              --- skipper5551 <skipper5551@...> wrote:

                              > --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "barker03887"
                              > <barker03887@...>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > i am looking for a set of specs and in fo on a M22
                              > i have a 72 m22
                              > hull
                              > > no. 414. nedd info on drop keel and rigging
                              > >

                              > Bob Horan here - I have a
                              > website "http://members.cox.net/morgan24site" that
                              > has a copy of the
                              > M22 owners manual posted. It also lists specs on
                              > the centerboard and
                              > centerboard raising system. You might find most of
                              > what you need here.

                            • bruce barker
                              Message 14 of 27 , Feb 16, 2007
                                thanks for info

                                Never miss an email again!
                              • barker03887
                                Message 15 of 27 , Feb 17, 2007
                                  --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Humphries" <edh3007@...> wrote:

                                  > That's a centerboard, not a drop (or swing) keel.
                                  >
                                  > Rigging on the M22 (from what I've seen anyway) had some variations.
                                  >
                                  > If you have a specific question, that might help; I have attached the
                                  basic
                                  > specs if that helps you any.
                                  >
                                  > Cheers, Ed Humphries
                                  > -whose M22 s/v Wind Dancer is still for sale-

                                  Thanks ed could you re send those specs or store them in the group
                                  file folder. was unable to retrieve them.
                                  my board has split and will not drop any ideas on removing it?
                                • barker03887
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Feb 17, 2007
                                    --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "lorienllc" <lorienllc@...> wrote:

                                    > I don't know that i have an owners manual per se, but i did get a
                                    > bunch of goodies from Catalina when i contacted them. Most is zeroxed
                                    > copies (i think it was $10 or $15 for them to send to me). I've still
                                    > got the young lady's email address if you'd like it? Or, i can maybe
                                    > email a few things to you?
                                    >
                                    > Becki
                                    >hi becki if you could send me some copies of what you have i would
                                    much appreciate that .
                                  • DonaldB
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Feb 17, 2007

                                      I’m just curious if Mr. Charlie Morgan was involved in designing this boat, I just toured it today at the boat show and was very impressed, its a great design!

                                    • Charley Morgan
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Feb 19, 2007
                                        --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "DonaldB" <donaldb@...> wrote:
                                        >Hi Donald, Charley Morgan here,
                                        No Don, Catalina has there own design team that does an excelent job.
                                        While I feel sure Frank Butler has the final word on each of their
                                        designs, I am pretty certain Gerry Douglas leads Catalina's design
                                        programs with input from all of their management team dealers and
                                        owners.

                                        Cheers, Charley Morgan

                                        > I'm just curious if Mr. Charlie Morgan was involved in designing this
                                        boat,
                                        > I just toured it today at the boat show and was very impressed, its a
                                        great
                                        > design!

                                      • Captain Ron
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Feb 20, 2007
                                          Charley,
                                          Great to see out here!
                                          I was told by Catalina that 70 of the original Morgan 44's Center Cockpits were built.  Mauch's Sailboat Guide Vol II says they were built by Morgan Marine and designed by Charley Morgan in 1989 and into the 90's.   I have hull #35 and see a lot of  the older Morgan components and a lot of creature comforts  through out my boat, including a bath tub/beer keg ice tub!  ;-)  My boat was raced in the early 90's by a previous owner and won some long distance (heavy weather)  races out of Houston.  I have had her at almost 10 knots GPS with just jib and main.  I've heard various other rumors/stories about who designed/built it.  Can you set the record straight and share any history about this fine vessel?  I'd like to think that all the time I've spent on this list has not been in vain.....please don't tell me that I should have been on the Hunter list or some where else?  ;-)
                                          Thanks again,
                                          Captain Ron
                                           _ ~_/)  _*_ _
                                          "Wind Fetish"
                                          Morgan 44
                                          Apollo Beach, FL

                                          No Don, Catalina has there own design team that does an excelent job.
                                          While I feel sure Frank Butler has the final word on each of their
                                          designs, I am pretty certain Gerry Douglas leads Catalina's design
                                          programs with input from all of their management team dealers and
                                          owners.

                                          Cheers, Charley Morgan

                                          > I'm just curious if Mr. Charlie Morgan was involved in designing this
                                          boat,
                                          > I just toured it today at the boat show and was very impressed, its a
                                          great
                                          > design!

                                        • Charley Morgan
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Feb 21, 2007
                                            --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "Captain Ron" <captainron@...>
                                            wrote:

                                            Capn'n Ron,

                                            First I did not design the Morgan 44s that I think you are talking
                                            about and my info on that model is sketchy at the moment but I will
                                            give you what I think is the story.

                                            As I understood it, this model was designed by either Bruce Nelson,
                                            or Graham and Schlageter (sp) with some of them being on the market
                                            before Catalina bought the company. I understand that Catalina did
                                            continue with the model or variants for some time.

                                            I spoke to several charter delivery capatins around that time who had
                                            delivered several to the lower Caribean and they liked the boats,
                                            said they were fast and easy to hanle at sea. Out of the water the
                                            hulls look great to me. I have never had the chance to sail on one.

                                            Sorry to be so sketchy on this but I had retired for a while before
                                            all of this came about. At the moment I am researching much of this
                                            later phase of Morgan Yacht history for the book I am currently
                                            writing about the company.

                                            It will be published on my Morgan Yacht Club site in downloadable
                                            format FREE, starting later this year at www.charleymorgan.com ;
                                            Take a look often to see the book come on stream along with other
                                            stories relating to many of the custom yachts I designed.

                                            Cheers and smooth sailing ~ Charley Morgan

                                          • barker03887
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Apr 7, 2008
                                              i was wondering if anybody would have a diagram of the running rigging
                                              for my 72 m22. specificly the boom and main sail.
                                            • David C. Schreiter
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Apr 7, 2008
                                                wrote:

                                                > i was wondering if anybody would have a diagram of the running rigging
                                                > for my 72 m22. specificly the boom and main sail.

                                                I was likewise womdering if anyone had diagrams for running rigging for
                                                my M30/2. Thank You!
                                              • jvandenberg1@new.rr.com
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Apr 7, 2008
                                                  I would be interested in this also, I've got something cobbled together, but I'm not sure it's what Charlie intended.
                                                  Joe

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Apr 8, 2008
                                                    i have tried to get somthing from charlies web site
                                                    but nothing yet.

                                                  • barker03887
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Apr 9, 2008
                                                      Does any one know what happened to the m22 web site that was going to
                                                      publish the info on m22 i know the guy was from the gulf coast.