Snatch Blocks

  • Marvin Marcus
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
      I have two antique original Tuff Blocks snatch blocks with snap
      shackles and matching bronze cars for 1" track that came with my
      Morgan 25. I'm replacing them with some shiny new Garhauer blocks.
      Anyone in need, for a reasonable price, their yours.
      Marv Marcus
      Morgan 25 #60
      S/V GOTCHA!
      941-613-2912
    • martinaltis@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
        whats reasonable.

        > I have two antique original Tuff Blocks snatch blocks with snap
        > shackles and matching bronze cars for 1" track that came with my
        > Morgan 25. I'm replacing them with some shiny new Garhauer
        > blocks.
        > Anyone in need, for a reasonable price, their yours.
        > Marv Marcus
        > Morgan 25 #60
        > S/V GOTCHA!
        > 941-613-2912

      • Marvin Marcus
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007

          Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 9:08 PM
          Subject: Re: [morganowners] Snatch Blocks

          whats reasonable.

          > I have two antique original Tuff Blocks snatch blocks with snap
          > shackles and matching bronze cars for 1" track that came with my
          > Morgan 25. I'm replacing them with some shiny new Garhauer
          > blocks.
          > Anyone in need, for a reasonable price, their yours.
          > Marv Marcus
          > Morgan 25 #60
          > S/V GOTCHA!
          > 941-613-2912

        • Marvin Marcus
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2007
            I don't know. You tell me. New snatch blocks from Schaefer, the smallest size cost $234.00.......each. Without cars. I don't know what Harken, Lewmar or Ronstan would charge. Would $110.00 for both be reasonable? I'll even pay for shipping.

            whats reasonable.

          • jim@cochrans.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2007
              Bill,
              Sorry this has taken so long, but I've been in Ft Lauderdale getting my NM
              43 CC onto a trailer and out to Tucson for the trip into Mexico next week.
              I've been gone almost 2 weeks... and since I had to go out and check on
              the 33 today, I took some photos.
              The modification to the 33OI v-berth is located at http://cochrans.com/vberth

              This might be of interest to anyone else with a smaller Morgan looking for
              more room in the v-berth or a place to locate a watermaker.

              regards,
              Jim Cochran
              sv Bliss M33 OI
              sv Green Flash NM 43CC
            • Bill Wilson
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2007
                Jim,Thanks This will give us something to think about.
                Have a safe trip in old Mexico

                jim@... wrote:
                Bill,
                Sorry this has taken so long, but I've been in Ft Lauderdale getting my NM
                43 CC onto a trailer and out to Tucson for the trip into Mexico next week.
                I've been gone almost 2 weeks... and since I had to go out and check on
                the 33 today, I took some photos.
                The modification to the 33OI v-berth is located at http://cochrans. com/vberth

                This might be of interest to anyone else with a smaller Morgan looking for
                more room in the v-berth or a place to locate a watermaker.

                regards,
                Jim Cochran
                sv Bliss M33 OI
                sv Green Flash NM 43CC