Re: 1978 M 382

  • Charley Morgan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "balcom_randall" <randyb5@...> wrote:
      >Randy,
      I checked a sales piece for the 382 that referred to a "hand laid-up
      cored hull". It did not mention foam or balsa as the core material.
      At the moment I do not have more info on this.

      Cheers, ~ Charley Morgan

      > I have heard some early
      > 382s have a foam cored hull. Does any one have knowledge of this,
      > please?

    • bchtadd
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2007
        Charley (&Randall),

        A 1978 Motor Boating & Sailing article by Jeff Hammond*, reads "The
        hull is layed up with solid glass below the waterline and Airex foam
        core in the topsides."

        *(no month given in the reprint I'm reading)

        Bruce
        M321

        --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "Charley Morgan"
        <charley_mrgn@...> wrote:

        > --- In morganowners@yahoogroups.com, "balcom_randall" <randyb5@>
        wrote:
        > >Randy,
        > I checked a sales piece for the 382 that referred to a "hand laid-up
        > cored hull". It did not mention foam or balsa as the core material.
        > At the moment I do not have more info on this.
        >
        > Cheers, ~ Charley Morgan
        >
        > > I have heard some early
        > > 382s have a foam cored hull. Does any one have knowledge of this,
        > > please?

      • randy balcom
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8, 2007
          Thanks to both of you. Two of the best surveyors in St Pete say solid below
          waterline, airex to the hull deck joint, so that must be the case.
          Thanks again