Re: [morgancogenealogy] Revis Carl Ferguson obit

  • sharon cox
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 6 6:30 AM
      Shirley I know Arthur's widow, fi you would like I can check with her and see if she has any books left.
      sharon
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 6 7:04 AM
        Hi Sharon,
        Thanks, I wasn`t sure if he had any left. It really is a good book but sure would like to see an updated version on it.
        Connie

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 6 7:28 AM
          That probably won't happen unless someone else takes the bull by the horn. Arthur passed away several years ago. His wife is a niece of my grandmother, she had some books left about a year ago. May not have any now.

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 6 9:02 AM
            I believe the Boyd County Library has a copy of that book.

            Judy

            Connie Spurlock <cspurlock937@...> wrote:
            Hi Shirley,
            You mean Early Morgan County by Arthur C. Johnson? Arthur has passed away, Shirley, and his widow still lives in Morgan County but I don`t know if the books are being sold anymore. The book was printed by by Economy Printers, Ashland,Kentucky 31101. You might want to try and
            contact them and see if they still sell it or not. Sorry I couldn`t help more.
            Sincerely,
            Connie

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 6 9:03 AM
              Her name is Delena Osbourne she died December 17, 2003.  Her obit should list Miliford Smith and Lou Brown as her parents.

              Anything would be greatly appreciated.

              Judy

              Connie Spurlock <cspurlock937@...> wrote:
              Hi Judith,
              What do you need hun? What`s her name? I`m going some time next month to get some death certificates on my family. Give me her name and I`ll try to find it, I`m going to be there for a good 8 hours. Just let me know and I`ll pick it up.
              Connie

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 6 9:27 AM
                Hi Shirley, I was fortunate enough to inherit my moms "autographed copy" from Arthur Johnson. The book sold for $5.oo at the time. i saw that it was on EBay for $80.00-----i read the book all the time, and i call it my "Geneaology bible"  even though many of my family, esp. my Pelfrey family from smith Creek/Mima were never mentioned in the book.That was because Arthur interviewed school children from West Liberty and asked them to do their "family history" for the book, and many people,obviously were left out of the book.--He did interview my uncle Malcolm Smith and got a pretty good Smith history though.----I know you want the Robbins geneaology.-----------If you want me to i can make a copy of the Robbins material and send it to you, i still have your address.(I promise i will be quicker with this than the last. L.O.L.)---------Linda

                Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
              • shirley Dunn
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 7 3:30 PM
                  HI Linda
                  yes please make me a copy and let me pay you for the expense
                  I did receive the copies of your uncle Mac ledger today and it had a lot of info on it
                  and thanks a million for that copy
                  now I will put more info in my family tree LOL
                  now I know that Daniel was the brother of Jemima and Joshua . I think that the Daniel he talks about must be old Daniel.or Daniel was married more than once
                  because the Daniel I know was married to Anna Day
                  I know in the 1810 clay co census list two Daniels
                  Daniel and Daniel Jr.
                  I didn't see where he had Daniel death date or his middle name any where was that info on the ledger?
                  thanks
                  Shirley
                  I will read it again

                • shirley Dunn
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 8 3:55 PM
                    HI Judy
                    thanks I have his death record I was just hoping that maybe I could find a obit on him and my father  name would be in there and maybe his father name would be in there also the only thing I have to connect my father to his is the 1910 Greenup census which states my father name and then it says NR I think ? I cannot get my fathers birth record either and he was born in 1909
                     to help my big brick wall on my ROBBINS mess
                    thanks
                    Shirley
                    Judy I think you helped me before on this family
                    I know I have been at your Lib many times