Re: Gathering evidence for a Trial and can ReTrials occur in a Freeman Society

  • Alton Lindsay Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
      --- In morelife@yahoogroups.com, Paul Wakfer <paul@...> wrote:
      > Alton Lindsay Jr. wrote:
      > > --- In morelife@yahoogroups.com, Paul Wakfer <paul@> wrote:

      > >> Evidence is not normally gathered *from* a defendant, but rather *about*
      > >> an Event - in this case about the Event that the Plaintiff thinks is a
      > >> Violation of hir which the Defendant has Effectively Caused. The exact
      > >> meanings and nuances of those terms are all important here -
      > >> particularly my novel and very precise definition of Effective Cause, a
      > >> term which has defied exact capture by others throughout history, but
      > >> which I am convinced I have fully captured. (By "capture" I mean that
      > >> for every real situation one can use my definition criteria to clearly
      > >> decide whether or not someone is the Effective Cause - in fact, this is
      > >> a highly important definition to be fully vetted, ie examined with
      > >> thoroughness.)
      > >>
      > >> The first line of evidence gathering is described in my page on
      > >> Social Ordering Technologies at:
      > >> http://selfsip.org/solutions/Social_Ordering_Tech.html
      > >> Without the full use of such technologies, solid, objective evidence
      > >> will be as difficult to obtain as it is now and many Charges will not
      > >> result in a Finding of "valid".
      > >
      > > I wasn't aware of this page on your website, but I agree that such
      > > technologies will be very useful in gathering evidence and are
      > > already available. For example, here's a clip of a mini projector
      > > that is coupled with a phone and camera that can gather data from
      > > objects in the environment, record events, and all information can be
      > > stored on the web:
      > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUdDhWfpqxg
      >
      > Yes, that is a good example of something related. It is a particularly
      > good example of something that can be used for immediate and direct
      > Social Preferencing. Just imagine having software that gathers data from
      > all recorded Actions and Social Preferencing reports of an individual,
      > which projects onto that person, as you meet or pass by, the summed up
      > conclusion of the complex Evaluation parameters that you have chosen
      > from the software. I can just see it now - "dishonest scumbag" or
      > "totally trustworthy" projected right onto the person as you scan
      > hir :-)

      This would definitely enable quick time evaluations on Freemen and
      consumables rather than having to go home to do some research on the web :)

      > [More seriously, I (and Paul too) would prefer to see a scale number
      > from 1 to 10 with an accompanying validity probability of the rating
      > (like a p-factor for a scientific study result). For this the software
      > would also assess how many people did the rating and the credibility
      > of the raters themselves. Amazon is doing something along this line -
      > but much more primitive - by having a notation system showing raters
      > who use their real names. This last is very important since the
      > evaluation of 5 identified raters is far more valuable to any reasonable
      > person than 500 who are anonymous. Credibility of raters is another
      > important aspect which, unfortunately in the current society, is not
      > guaranteed by full identification but is at least much more likely.
      > **Kitty]

      Yes, I noticed raters on Amazon have became a little non anonymous, and
      because of this, I often use Amazon as a primary source for product ratings.
      Hopefully full identification and the credibility of raters will become
      more and more sophisticated on the web.

      > > Also, do you think one's DNA information should also be part of their
      > > personal ID stored on the UCN?
      >
      > I expect that would become universal since it is the most clearly
      > digital unique aspect differentiating human beings. Even for identical
      > twins in time there will soon likely be technology to differentiate them
      > by reading their epigenetically modified DNA, although one problem with
      > this is that it changes with time for each individual. Also a
      > combination of identifiers may be used. In particular, I have envisaged
      > that each person would rationally want to have a unique ID transponder
      > implant. These could have unbreakable code ID information (like with
      > public key cryptography where the source of a message can be certified
      > beyond doubt) that is available to sensors on Egress Real Estate. This
      > would also enable the immediate Evaluation that I described above.
      > Imagine that when a person, whom a store wishes to not serve, attempts
      > to enter and the automated store entrance tells hir that s/he is not
      > allowed entry and will be immediate expelled if s/he attempts to do so -
      > and of course anyone nearby will also hear and see that (and it will be
      > recorded publicly on the UCN via the audio/video equipment previously
      > described for other people or software to Evaluate).
      >
      > --Paul

      This would help store owners a lot in having the right type of customers.
      Fingerprints can also be part of these identifiers.