Presets !!!

  • jenswp
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 10:53 AM
      So, I'm obviously the first to post in this group. I already reviewed
      MMV on KVR (see http://www.kvr-vst.com/get.php?mode=show&id=428), so
      I'll just add that what this synth needs the most is MORE PRESETS. I
      hope this forum will serve to make a lot of presets available for all
      MMV users --- I'll soon post the ones that I have made. Now, come
      with yours.
    • ianclay67
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21 10:56 AM
        --- In moogmodularv@yahoogroups.com, "jenswp" <spm.jwp@m...> wrote:
        > ...so I'll just add that what this synth needs the most is MORE
        PRESETS.

        I dont agree. I think the whole point of the moog modular is that it
        should encourage the user to learn to create their own presets. It
        took me about 2 hours of experimenting to work out how to get a patch
        that has the sequencer triggering along to my master sequencer with 2
        oscillators and Envelopes all kicking off. Im now confident in using
        it to create a lot of different sounds using the templates provided.

        No doubt there are going to be loads of presets online soon to
        download but please give a thought to the moog modular history and
        what the modular is all about.

        ian

        http://www.mp3.com/ianclay
      • bearthingpaw
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 22 1:36 AM
          Yes, there is a history and it would be nice to have that history
          available in a bunch of historical presets. The classic recordings
          using this machine reflected patches that are have been written down
          and kept available; but these patches are a lot of work to just do
          one. I see nothing wrong in wanting to have a nice wide collection
          of hundreds of hours of work stored in quick to try out presets.
          Then if you want to tinker fine; but I think that is a separate
          issue. Programming potential is in any synth; but good presets for a
          synth are essential and often hard to find. This is why many people
          are willing to pay for collections of these things; unless you have
          40 hours to spend working to get one preset you like.

          --- In moogmodularv@yahoogroups.com, "ianclay67" <ian@b...> wrote:
          > --- In moogmodularv@yahoogroups.com, "jenswp" <spm.jwp@m...> wrote:
          > > ...so I'll just add that what this synth needs the most is MORE
          > PRESETS.
          >
          > I dont agree. I think the whole point of the moog modular is that it
          > should encourage the user to learn to create their own presets. It
          > took me about 2 hours of experimenting to work out how to get a
          patch
          > that has the sequencer triggering along to my master sequencer with
          2
          > oscillators and Envelopes all kicking off. Im now confident in using
          > it to create a lot of different sounds using the templates provided.
          >
          > No doubt there are going to be loads of presets online soon to
          > download but please give a thought to the moog modular history and
          > what the modular is all about.
          >
          > ian
          >
          > http://www.mp3.com/ianclay
        • Eppo Schaap
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 22 6:03 AM
            > I see nothing wrong in wanting to have a nice wide collection
            > of hundreds of hours of work stored in quick to try out presets.
            > Then if you want to tinker fine; but I think that is a separate
            > issue. Programming potential is in any synth; but good presets for a
            > synth are essential and often hard to find. This is why many people
            > are willing to pay for collections of these things; unless you have
            > 40 hours to spend working to get one preset you like.

            I totally agree! And don't tell me to 'buy a preset Roland synth' instead.
            There are several Tomita and Carlos patches that are lovely but I don't have
            the time to rebuild them by ear (apart from the fact whether I would succeed
            or not).

            Eppo Schaap
            Galbatron Epic Symphonic Electronica
            www.galbatron.com