homecoming

  • freya
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Dear Neighbors,
      My little wandering chicken is home!!!! She was gone for a full 2 months !!!

      She spent the last 2 weeks hanging out with the neighbor's chickens she'd
      found (having crossed Boyer twice in the daytime). I tried catching her at
      dusk, but she'd just run. She didn't have a chance to know me, since I had
      fetched her from a friend in Maple Valley, and she had been in my coop only
      several days. Finally last Friday, I went to the rhododendron where we knew
      she roosted, and I waited until AFTER dusk. I slowly reached into the bush,
      and grabbed fast. She screeched so loudly, it almost broke my heart.
      But she's home now with her two sisters, soaking up heat from the heat lamp,
      and being spoiled with good food.

      What an amazing conclusion, and what a survivor. I named her "Leva", which
      means "live" ("she lives") in Swedish.
      Thankfully, just before the cold weather.........Freya