Re: [montlakeforum] Digest Number 481

  • Glenn Fleishman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      > This is Stella, i am sending a message to our group members
      >about on line shopping website

      Whoever is the administrator of this mailing list -- it should be set to only
      allow posts from members and members should have to be approved. Not to exclude
      anyone, but to prevent posts like the above. Scammers sign up for lists in order
      to be a member that can post nonsense like that.
      --
      Glenn Fleishman
      seattle, washington
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
        I'm the moderator of the Forum. Sorry I didn't get to deleting that spam
        (and the poster) fast enough to keep it out of the digest. I just
        changed the membership from wide open to moderator-approved (with me as
        the moderator) and we'll see how that goes. Anyone can read the
        newsgroup, but to post, you must be a member.

        We are now up to 149 members. There's been a lot of growth in the
        membership in the last year.

        For any follow ups on this topic, please directly email
        webmaster@... rather than hashing it out here. Thanks.

        Jonathan