Goodbye my canoe

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2003
      I am leaving Montlake after 12 years in the community. I had the
      privilege of working with some of you as activists to save the
      Arboretum from overdevelopment. I've also been somewhat involved in
      discussions on transportation issues, especially the 520 bridge. But
      the traffic of Seattle has combined with other factors to drive me to
      the wilderness near Silver City, New Mexico. You may have noticed the
      for sale sign on my house at 2525 Lake Washington Blvd E, across the
      street from the bridges to nowhere. So goodbye Montlakers, especially
      activists. I hope you can work something out on transportation that
      will improve traffic without destroying the neighborhood.

      I also want to offer Montlakers the first chance to buy my canoe,
      which has made my time there much more pleasant. If you've never been
      out on the lake at sunset you may not realize how many beavers live
      in Lake Washington. I saw several a slap their tails last time I went
      out a couple weeks ago. I've also had great views of otters,
      muskrats, eagles, and all sorts of waterbirds. This green Navarro
      Canoe comes with a wheeled cart that makes it easy to walk it down to
      the lake from most places in Montlake. Launch it and take the the
      cart with you in the canoe. The canoe is fiberglass on the outside
      with wood cross-beams inside. It's much prettier than most other
      brands of canoes commonly available. It comes with three paddles, two
      life vests, and a pair of paddling gloves. $900. I'm gone, but my
      friend Joe is handling the sale. You can make arrangements to see it
      at 206-545-1309.

      Bruce McKinney