Canal Market Closing?

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2013
      I just heard this morning that the Canal Market, in nearby Portage Bay, may be closing. The owner of the building has decided not to renew the market's lease.

      The man who runs the store, Tony, and his family, are such nice people. I'm really sad for him and sad to see our area lose such a friendly, neighborhood store.

      Tony has started a petition that he's planning to send the lease owner. Stop by to sign it, if you're interested in protesting this decision--or at least showing your support.

      Thanks!
    • LLB
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2013
        Is there a petition at www.change.org or do you have a link or ?

        Probably the landowner wants to build condos... very difficult to fight that.

        I bcc'd some folks I think would want to know about this but may not be on the group list.  My apologies if you get it twice, think its pretty out of the blue, etc.

        I just heard this morning that the Canal Market, in nearby Portage Bay, may be closing. The owner of the building, Art Wahl, has decided not to renew the market's lease.