Fwd: Fwd: Seattle Peace Chorus with Cris Williamson "Sing Out For Women" - NOV. 3 - TOWN HALL

  • James M. Roe
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      Neighbors, Friends, Relatives and the occasional casual acquaintance....

      On Saturday, November 3, 2012, at 7:30 p.m., the Seattle Peace Chorus presents "Sing Out for Women" at Town Hall in Seattle. The concert will feature the talented singer-songwriter, Cris Williamson, along with Grammy award winner Nancy Rumbel. We will also be performing pieces written or arranged by local women composers, including Carol Sams and Dell Gossett.

      After decades of progress, women around the world still lack the freedom to vote, freedom from violence, freedom of choice over their own bodies, and freedom from repression. On the eve of our national election, as women's rights are debated, it is vital we do not fall silent. As a pioneer of women's music, Cris Williamson's songs became the soundtrack for a movement and helped foster the birth of an entirely new genre of music. She will draw from some of her most-loved songs and premiere some new arrangements with the Chorus. In addition, the women singers in the Chorus will premiere Nancy Rumbel's "Dona Nobis Pacem", never before performed in Seattle. We will also be accepting free will donations at the concert to benefit the Women's Funding Alliance and there will be a number of other women's organizations represented at the concert.

       Saturday, November 3, 2012

       7:30 p.m.

       Town Hall, Seattle

      TICKETS: www.BrownPaperTickets.com

        $20 - Advance

        $18 - Seniors, Students, Disabled

        $25 - At the Door

      Donations collected at the concert benefit Women's Funding Alliance

                                   Questions? 206.295.5532 or seattlepeacechorus.org

                                 Sponsored in part by the Abe Keller Peace Education Fund