Montlake School almuni group

  • Volkert Volkersz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2001
      Greetings from a 1962 graduate of Montlake Elementary School. I was
      in Montlake recently visiting old friends when we discussed the idea
      of creating a forum, similar to this one, for alumni of Montlake
      School. At this point, we're just encouraging former students to sign
      up and get reconnected, but I think we're hoping that sometime in the
      future (perhaps Spring/Summer 2002) there will be enough interest to
      have a neighborhood reunion.

      At 50 years old, and having been in elementary education for 24
      years, I am slowly realizing what a unique experience we had in
      Montlake, both in the school and in the community. As I gradually re-
      establish contact with others from Montlake, I'm discovering that
      they feel the same way. When I compare my experience with my peers
      who grew up in suburbia, I see they don't have the same feelings
      about their neighborhood that I do.

      If you know anyone who might be interested in joining the email
      distribution list, please have them visit the site at:

      or they can subscribe by sending an email message to:
      Montlake-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Although I am currently the only member listed, I have verbal
      commitment from Allan Seidenverg (Montlake class of 60) and Mark
      Seidenverg (63) to join soon. Please help spread the news.

      Volkert "Kert" Volkersz
      former resident of 1857 23rd Ave E.