City Proposes Changes to Residential Parking Zone Program: Public comment sought through Oct. 20

  • Kay Kirkpatrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 11, 2008
      Sorry if there is cross posting of this information, it looked to be of interest to our neighborhood.

      Kay K

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2008
        I saw this reported via Capitol Hill Seattle recently. The changes
        will primarily affect Capitol Hill and First Hill due to the large
        number of multi-family housing units in those neighborhoods.

        Relevant to Montlake, the city is extending the Zone 1 two-hour
        parking boundaries to include the 1800 block of Boyer and the 1900
        block of 22nd. We've had increasing problems with UW students and
        employees parking in the neighborhood (and it's only going to get
        worse), so several neighbors asked the city to give us a 2-hour
        parking RPZ. Those in the affected areas already received the
        application materials for their new permits in the mail.

        Holly

        --- In montlakeforum@yahoogroups.com, "Kay Kirkpatrick"
        <Kay.Kirkpatrick@...> wrote:

        > Sorry if there is cross posting of this information, it looked to be
        of interest to our neighborhood.

        > Kay K

        Zone Program: Public comment sought through October 20