green collection

  • freya
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
      The morning of green collection, I ran out to get paper bags for
      my remaining green trimmings.  When I returned, I found someone
      had put three full paper bags of their green trimmings.beside my can.
      In the past I also found a neighbor had added a bag of their garbage beside
      my garbage can.  I knew who it was because their name was on paper in the
      bag.   What can we do about this petty behavior?  Extra bags don't cost much,
      but I would rather not pay for a neighbor's extra recycled material or garbage.

      Has anyone else had this problem?

    • Erik Fraker
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        Hi Freya - You think that is bad, I had somebody dump a TV on my lawn...  Your best option is have a conversation with the person doing the dumping if you know who it is.

        The more extreme option is to report them for illegal dumping to the City of Seattle.  The parking strip is city property so technically they are dumping on city property.

        -erik