Re: [monticellobirdalert] Barn Owl Photo

  • MARLENECONDON@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11 8:07 AM
      Thanks so much for sharing, Rob!  This is a nice pic considering the conditions under which it was taken.

      Sincerely,
      Marlene

      Marlene A. Condon (Author, The Nature-Friendly Garden, Stackpole Books, 2006)
      Nature Writer/Photographer/Speaker
      Crozet, VA 22932-2204
      E-mail: MARLENECONDON@...

      In a message dated 3/10/2008 9:11:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, W3DX@... writes:
      Hi Y'All:

      I went back to Southern Albemarle County to try to get a better photo of the barn owl pair.  I used a tripod to hold the camera steady in the dim-light conditions.  In the photo (below) the owls are seen looking up at the inside top of a grain silo perched on the steel reinforcement rods.  The birds are probably 5-stories up in extremely low light conditions.  Please note that I did not use a flash because I did not want to disturb the owls.

      Best,

      Rob

    • Roberta Nevitt