phonic sound pouches - inspiration needed!

  • jojocompuk
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
      Hi,
      I have just finished making the sound pouches, I have written about them on my blog
      http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/ I have 5 objects for most of them but I am stuck with the letters
      n,i,q,u,v,y and z. If you already have these can you tell me what you put in them?

      If you want to see the whole set and what is in them I have them on Flickr, here
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/8301262@N03/sets/72157601187374501//

      Thanks for any help!

      Jo
    • happy_hearts_mom
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
        These are positively adorable!!! I love them, and the flowers are
        beautiful!! Way to go! My daughter made me a sculpey nest for "n" and
        we had some miniature vases in a playmobil set for "v". A few ideas
        anyway. If you can pick up some of those "toob" animal sets they have
        LOTS of stuff for the sound ideas!

        Blessings,
        Meredith
      • kodizmum
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
          I'm impressed! Can't believe you did them by hand, I'm sure I would
          have had to drink a lot more than you did to get through 26 of them.
          For n how about mini nailclippers? a nickle? a noodle? even a (filed
          off) nail? for i an inkspot on piece of paper or fabric...I've taken
          the liberty of copying all your item names, tho' I'm not into all my
          language stuff yet. Your selection is pretty inspired.
        • ckesler68
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
            Jo -

            You did a fabulous job with those. I love the pouches. Here are a
            few suggestions for more:

            i: inch, inchworm, ice cream, Ireland, iguana
            n: nailfile, necklace, nose, north, notepad
            q: queen, queen bee, quadrangle, quarter, quill,
            u: ukelele, udder, unicorn, uniform, urn
            v: veil, volcano, vest, vial, vine, vinegar
            y: yam, yellow, yolk, yoke, yucca
            z: zuchini, zeppelin, zinnia

            I hope these help you.

            carolyn

            --- In montessoribyhand@yahoogroups.com, "jojocompuk" <jojoebi@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I have just finished making the sound pouches, I have written about
            them on my blog
            > http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/ I have 5 objects for most of them but I
            am stuck with the letters
            > n,i,q,u,v,y and z. If you already have these can you tell me what
            you put in them?

            > If you want to see the whole set and what is in them I have them on
            Flickr, here
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/8301262@N03/sets/72157601187374501//
            >
            > Thanks for any help!
            >
            > Jo

          • cmbmomof2
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
              Hi Jo,

              Just looked at your phonics sound pouches and they are really nice.

              I made a sound box that works well for traveling, but it is not nearly
              as aesthetically pleasing as your lovely pouches.

              I saw that you were looking for ideas for n,i,q,u,v,y,and z...so I
              went through what I have for those letters and thought I would share
              what we have (I omitted the items that you already have for these
              letters):

              n: necklace, noodles, nightgown, nurse (plastic), napkin, net,
              notebook, newt(plastic), nail clippers (baby ones)

              i: icicle (plastic), ice cube (plastic), ice cream (wooden),
              inchworm (wooden), iguana (plastic)

              q: queen (plastic), quarter, quail (plastic), quart*

              * you could keep a plastic quart container out on the day that your
              child does the q pouch

              u: uniform, unicorn (plastic)

              v: viola, vacuum, viper (plastic)

              Y: yak, yams (laminated photo)

              z: zoo (wooden), zest*

              *You could do "zest" on the day your child uses the z pouch by having
              your child help zest a lemon and maybe adding it to something you have
              to eat that day. If your pouch allows enough room for the zesting tool
              to fit, you could keep one in the pouch...my sound box isn't big
              enough for one.

              If you would like to do a swap, I would love to do one with you. I
              don't have a koala or a kangaroo and am finding those two to be the
              hardest items to find.

              Since I read that you don't really care for plastic, if you would want
              to do a swap, I listed the items I have that are wooden in parentheses.

              Well, hope that these are helpful. Please let me know if you would
              want to swap.

              Colleen
              cmbmomof2