Thanks for Books - Family Reading Night & SEAFOM Fundraiser Nov 20

  • Juneau Montessori School
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008

      November 20th, from 6pm - 8pm at the Harborview Library, in Marie Drake

      WE ARE THANKFUL FOR BOOKS!!

        In this season of Thanksgiving, we'd like to gather for a community evening to give THANKS FOR BOOKS!! We have a wonderful event planned for Thursday, November 20th, from 6pm - 8pm at the Harborview Library, in Marie Drake. This is organized by SEAFOM and serves as a fundraising event, but is also created to bring families together; all of Harborview and the Juneau community are invited.

       This is a Hearthside Books catered booksale, with a wide selection of books for gift giving, children of all ages, gardening and cooking, Montessori philosophy and books by featured local authors. There will be a bake sale and a bonus table with used novels! We plan to have local librarians share suggestions for wonderful childrens' books that are not to be missed!

      AND...

        from 7:00 - 7:30pm we'll share a very special time with Jean Rogers and Susi Gregg Fowler as they read a few favorites and some as-of-yet unpublished works. Mrs. Fowler is not yet confirmed; keep an eye out for posters and fliers that will hopefully reflect her availability.

       Put a child on your lap and a book in your hands! We ask you to come join us for this cozy evening of reading together - bring Mom, Dad, or a friend with whom to read!!! Buy a few lovely books and mingle with fellow book lovers. And, PLEASE, look through your shelves and bring used novels to donate either to your child’s school by Wednesday, Nov. 19th or to the door that night.  We'd like chapter books, young adult readers, and adult novels in excellent condition to sell.

       Thank you! Jennifer Ryznar, Catherine Fritz, Kim Hope, Susan Hall, Shauna Murray, John Seagren, Mary Jane Tenney & Lupita Alvarez

      SEAFOM Board