JSD Board Meeting Re: Montessori Openings, Monday Nov 3 at 4:30 pm Riverbend Library

  • Juneau Montessori School
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2008
      Clear Day

      _________________________

      Lupita Alvarez, Director

      Juneau Montessori School

      750 St. Ann 's Ave.

      Douglas, AK 99824

      Phone: (907) 364-3535

      Fax: (907) 364-3537

      Education for Life, Education for Peace!

      Special "publicly noticed" meeting on Monday, Nov. 3rd, 4:30-5:00 at Riverbend Elementary Library

      Hello All,

      Just wanted to send an update regarding where we and the BOE remain on this issue.  They could not reach a decision at the last BOE (Board of Education) meeting regarding opening the Montessori Borealis spots... So, the BOE decided to hold a special "publicly noticed" meeting on Monday, Nov. 3rd, 4:30-5:00 at Riverbend Elementary Library.  We think that they have 4 votes to open the spots at the November Trimester for students off the waitlist...  We are keeping our fingers crossed...

      Until these spots are open and there are plans to look at diversity and lottery procedures with all three optional programs represented, our issues are still unresolved.

      I'm not sure if they will allow public testimony at this meeting, but when the time and date are confirmed, I will update this group again (this Thursday or Friday).  Thanks for all your effort!

      Stephanie Kohlhase, 523-0617